newswire article reposts united states

election fraud

DIEBOLD VOTE SCAM: Possible Smoking Gun...

Repost of Interesting Article with Additional Information on Florida Election scams: http://www.dissidentvoice.org/Articles9/Thompson_Diebold-2000-Fraud.htm

homepage: homepage: http://www.dissidentvoice.org/Articles9/Thompson_Diebold-2000-Fraud.htm

move along, nothing to see here 24.Oct.2003 14:49

damn conspiracy theorists

Did it ever occur to you that maybe Al Gore really did get -16,022 votes in that precinct? Is that really so hard for you crazy conspiracy theorists to believe? Next you'll probably want us to believe that the executives in charge of the voting machine companies have promised to deliver the 2004 election to George Bush.

To the last comment-er... 24.Oct.2003 15:16

I can read and detect for myself conspiracy theories... jfrankie@comcast.net

The CEO of Diebold is a major Bush supporter and financial contributor enough so that he knows the low down and has been on the ground in Crawford, Texas and that isn't a conspriacy that is on the map of Texas anyway. I think the guy(Diebold CEO) might have a vested interest in selling a few(lots) of voting machines and without some
kind of audit trail(government software oversight) electronic voting machines are another possible major contributor to fradulent election results(that is besides Florida election officials).

mind boggle 24.Oct.2003 16:01

ed harley

it never ceases to amaze me how many people are incapable of grasping irony or sarcasm. good grief, people.

don't be too hard on people 24.Oct.2003 17:05

satirist

These days it's often so hard to distinguish satire from the reality of what is going on. Or as Tom Tomorrow put it recently:

In fact, when I was upstate giving one of these talks that I occasionally give to colleges, I have a visual presentation I give off my computer, and I usually open it up with that clip that was going around a few months ago of Bush saying, "There's an old saying in Texas: you fool me once" -- and then he'd stumble over the rest. He had this astonishing blank look on his face. And the reason I open with that is precisely for this reason -- to discuss how difficult it is to be a satirist when real life has become satire, when that guy with that deer-in-the-headlights look on his face is the most powerful man in the world.

Contributing factors 24.Oct.2003 19:53

to lack of understanding

Part of it may just be attention deficit, carelessness, and or caring to express one's own opinion more than caring to bother to understand what the other person is saying.

People often don't even read the entire comment, rather they see what they don't like, make assumptions and quickly retort to express their very important and righteous opinion.

If you don't read thoroughly, you won't notice the sarcasm/irony/humor, even if you are able.

I think old Uncle Joe nailed it 01.Nov.2003 11:36

melmac

looks like Joe Stalin was right when he said something like-the most important part of an election is who is counting the votes!

I just don't understand it 01.Nov.2003 15:28

Susan Nelsen susannelsen@hotmail.com

Have we all become so jaded, that when we see an illegal election, we just shake our heads and say "Oh well thats politics" were is the outrage? Are you all complacent little sheep, waiting for the slaughter......? If every thing i have read and yes i have read a great deal on this matter....why is nothing being done? Remember when Reagen was looking under all the beds and in the "bushes" for those "commies" , all the time they were right here.....fixing the election! Wake up ! If its true and it appears to be true because i have read many articles and some of the court documents, it was proven in the Florida courts...why aren't the people who did it being arrested or even questioned? When will you people get mad and do something?

Exactly! 01.Nov.2003 22:54