I hope by now you have heard about bush's planned trips to Portland and Seattle this August. If not, now you know. This is a giant opportunity for people upset with his policies to get out in the street and let their grievances be known.
So far, the organizing of these events is being carried out by loose networks of individuals on a "do it yourself" basis. We plan to do whatever we can to spread the word and get people in the street. We ask for your help in doing this. Whatever your talents and skills may be could help push this effort beyond our imaginations.
We've brainstormed a partial list of simple things people could do from now until Aug 21st and 22nd to help spread the word and get people in the street in both Portland and Seattle. The strength of this list is your additions to it.
1) Talk to everyone you know about this. Tell your friends, coworkers, neighbors, strangers, etc.
2) Get an up to date webpage going, or many.
3) Make millions of flyers. The homemade ones are the best.
4) Hold a fashion show
5) Hold a concert
6) Show a movie
7) Organize a carpool
8) Organize a housing network
9) Forward this email and print out the flyer and others on your boss's printer or at home
10) Start a neighborhood group or one among people at work
11) Have a potluck
12) Have a secret café
13) Have free food in the park
14) Get up on stage at the end of shows and tell people
15) Write flyers and pamphlets and print them out
16) Write stories and send them off to be published
17) Tell your local radio DJ's to talk about it
18) Make your own radio and tell everyone about it
19) Organize tabling at events and on street corners.
20) Plan to take those two days and maybe more off work
21) Hold a bike workshop and possibly organize a critical mass between Portland and Seattle.
22) Connect issues (possibly make a list stretching city blocks with everyone's grievances on it that could be passed to the next town bush visits)
23) Make a video and project it on the screen or the side of a building.
24) Write letters to the editor of every newspaper you know
25) Gossip about bush
26) Flyer tennis courts, golf courses, soup kitchens, homeless shelters and neighborhoods that are not your own. People also frequent bowling alleys, malls, movie theaters, supermarkets, gas stations, restaurants, farmers markets, and starbucks, etc...
27) Speak up at an open mic near you
28) Tell everyone about this
29) Tell you parents and grandparents and their friends about it
30) Organize your kid's sport teams
31) Run on field during a Mariner's game
32) Hold prayer and other spiritual meetings
33) Getting your local religious groups involved
34) Plan gay marriages
35) Have meetings that accomplish goals and reflect on progress made
36) Organize solidarity events
37) Spread the word throughout Cascadia and beyond
38) Organize workshops to share your skills with others
A Call to Action posted on seattle.indymedia.org
Cascadia Rain on Bush's Fundraising Parade Aug 21-22.
SOS. Bush will be in Portland and Seattle on or around Aug. 21-22. The dates and locations of both events are kept secret (because this prez is too popular). Our Corporate press outlets have leaked this info to us. Now we have to organize to STOP BUSH'S TRIP TO CASCADIA. Our victory is a CANCELLATION OF THIS TRIP.
Bush is on a re-election campaign finance swoop with corporate donors and others' willing to pay 1,000 dollars a plate to listen to his dribble and make millions in return. Bush thinks he can sail up the coast of California and enter Cascadia without alarm. We say "No fascists in Cascadia!"
We for once do not need to make our grievances known because our grievances have been so well know for so long. We could start with the American coup of 2000, or we could talk about the Kyoto Treaty, or the Anti-Personal Land Minds Treaty, or a Machiavellian 911. But that is beside the point when we have systemic detentions and deportations of Arab and other Asian immigrants, the Patriot Act creating more fear and distrust among people and the whole US government telling the world to "bring it on". We also have the highest rate of unemployment in the country as our most petty grievance.
We have great problems on our hands. We have the whole world watching, for real.
If you cannot make it to either Portland or Seattle on or around those dates, organize other events to lend us support.
Check out for more information. www.stopbushseattle.com, http://www.geocities.com/cascadiac/ www.seattle.indymedia.org, portland.indymedia.org, crimethinc.net, raisethefist.org, seattleactivism.org