The Village Building Convergence, organized by a coalition of Southeast Uplift, the City Repair Project, and other local groups, is a ten day marathon of brainstorming, discussions, and hands-on work in the neighborhoods of Southeast Portland towards actualizing a convivial, ecological vision of city life. Come get your hands dirty building authentic community and an ecological future!
Come learn about do-it-yourself park creation, natural building techniques, solar design, "intersection repair" (turning ugly intersections into village squares), and hear from many visionary activists, both local and internationally known.
The following sites will showcase a variety of projects related to the themes of the Convergence:
* SE 47th/Ivon; Richmond Neighborhood
* Cob Sauna; Richmond Neighborhood
* SE 19th/Washington; Buckman Neighborhood
* SE 21st/Division (Mirador); 7 Corners Localization Initiative; Hosford-Abernathy Neighborhood
* SE 8th/Ankeny(KBOO/Citybikes); Buckman Neighborhood
* SE 33rd/Salmon; Sunnyside Neighborhood
* SE 9th/Sherrett (Share-It Square); Sellwood Neighborhood
* SE 33rd/Yamhill (Sunnyside Piazza); Sunnyside Neighborhood
* New Day School (SE 18th and Clinton); Hosford-Abernath Neighborhood
* SE 20th and Woodward; Hosford-Abernathy Neighborhood
To find out more, visit http://www.cityrepair.org/vbc