newswire article commentary portland metro

alternative media

Time to Take Out the Garbage

A recent Indy disruption tactick appears to be in the form of spam offerings that parrot FOX, attempt to use foreign news sources to legitamise US policies, or attempt to bore the reader senseless.
The previous 4 or 5 posts posted at 5:12 and prior are good examples of this. Posting irrelevant aritcles like these pushes pertanent information off of the page.

Does anyone else see this as a problem? Any ideas on how to reduce it?
Do trolls give themselves royal titles? 29.Apr.2003 17:53

peon

You seem very prejudiced to any opinion that disagrees with your own -- reacting with kneejerk insults and condemnation.

Specifically, on what rational basis do you reject each of the source used?

You must not be paying attention 29.Apr.2003 18:21

Yes, trolls give themselves titles. (ie: mike, King of Trolls)

I'm in favor of taking out the trash, including the fox-like news reposts that have been increasing.

Suggestion: we discuss at the next imc mtg, then post the new policy. anyone wanting input on the decision can post here or come to the mtg at the Red and Black (SE 22nd and Division), c. 5pm Saturday.

One more thing 29.Apr.2003 18:32

you'll notice the sites from whence our trolls probably spring have no problem deleting and blocking opposing viewpoints to their utterly mindless, racist, reptile-brain nonsense. Take a look at some of the "high-brow" discussion going on at kobehq.

Sound a little familiar? Sure they're on better behavior here, sort of, but do we want these ignoramuses here at all? If you really want to engage them, go to kobehq or the free[k]republic.

Time to redirect them.

********************************************

excerpts:
////////////////////
Author: KOBEHQ
Date: 04-28-03 21:46

kill all the little cockroaches.

I'd rather see my tax dollars going for something useful, rather then being pissed away on crack whores, welfare babies and for some gov't loan for a some left wing morons college tuition

All the little vermin protesting the US in Iraq now, they wouldn't fight to liberate themselves, and yet they want to take on and fight the most powerful army in the world.

They're all fucke din the head. Shoot 'em all, let god sort 'em out

////////////////////

NightRider has been BANNED from this website!
Author: KOBE SBM
Date: 04-29-03 02:51

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Here is the page he will see if he tries to type in the URL for KOBE Headquarters:

After 6 seconds, the page redirects him to  http://www.losers.org/index.html

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

///////////////////////

So long, fairwell BWAHAHAHAHAHAH
Author: KOBEHQ
Date: 04-29-03 07:08

From the word go I knew he was a little rat bastard.

Perhaps he will have more time to mount his old lady since he no longer has access to KOBE

///////////////////

Wholesome Parenting Shit
Just trying to help parents out here. The following are stories to help you educate your little maggots:
Bible Lesson for your Little Imps
Jesus serves up a can of whoop ass
Sex Ed
Prepare the little turd droppers for fucking.

---------------------------------------------

Political Shit (Coming Soon)

Fuck Cinco de Mayo
This is America -- go the fuck to Mexico if you want to worship a third world country.
The MECHA Scourge
Invaders of the USA
Laughing at DeVoy
His Hilarious Claims

///////////////////

Shhhh Everyone thinks it was the Japs
Author: KOBEHQ
Date: 04-29-03 07:10

I have it on good authority Amelia and her male co pilot were engaged in initiation rights of the Mile High Club, when things got out of hand and they crashed into the sea.

yes, this pattern is noticed 29.Apr.2003 20:40

indy contributor

yes, this pattern is noticed, and if it continues so action may be necessary

if it continues? 29.Apr.2003 21:08

bill

If it continues?!!!??

It's been going on for a long time THIS IMC IS THE ONLY ONE I FIND THIS KIND OF BULLSHIT ON.
Let's stop talking and get these motherless fucks the hell off the site.

I'll be happy to voulunteer to sit down several times a day and erase them, with the only criteria being their intent to throw bullshit on the board.

Can we just stop talking about it and do something already?

jees, enough already. Either we need to take pdx indymedia back, or start another organization and get it on the indymedia network.

one voice 29.Apr.2003 22:55

Peace man

We must speak with one voice here at IndyMedia. If conservatives try to dissent, this is something we cannot allow.

oh please 29.Apr.2003 23:35

hkd

they're not even conservatives. they're brainless trolls, paid or unpaid. i have conservative friends, and they're some of the most thoughtful, intelligent people i know. these trolls are nothing if not nothing, they're just so much hot, smelly air. so save your plaintive wails.

Yes! 30.Apr.2003 00:44

Carpenter mmccurdy35@hotmail.com

I read PDX indymedia for the activist viewpoint. I also read BBC news, Reuters, CNN, MSNBC, Fox, Al Jazeera, slingshot, maximum rock and roll, flipside, and more. I like to balance my media consumption, knowing that journalists will report what is happening in their immediate area, will be censored by managers in the editing room, and the reporting will be skewed by the broadcasters corporate (or activist) political bent.

I dont need to read reposts of mainstream news media here on indymedia. I can/will read them on mainstream media. Dont fill the server with reposts of mainstream media! It fills up the posts, making it harder for everyone to keep up with the important posts. (See * below)

I do not agree with the political bent of Fox, nor do I agree with the political bent of PDX Indymedia. I fall somewhere in the "moderate" in between (fox ites would call me liberal, indymedia ites would call me conservative. So be it!) But I do agree that PDX indymedia should broadcast it's news reporting, and be free of mainstream media reposts.

Ok, does that make sense?!

When it comes to the comments, I like the free for all.

* I find posts from Shunka to be rare. His posts get quickly buried by bullshit posts from mainstream sources. If you are not familiar with his posts, he posts news from Northern California Earth First. A friend of his was killed protesting logging redwood trees on overly steep slopes in Humbolt. I quit my job to help the protest/road blockade that followed. His posts are important, timely, and full of current information pertinent to the activist community. The other shit I can read on mainstream sites.

STOP THE HATE, DELETE THE TROLLS 30.Apr.2003 04:28

TAKE BACK OUR SITE!

Just in the last six months, the demoralizing, racist, bigoted, hate, that is spewed on this site has increased exponentially. The following post while a fine example of the trash being posted here should not be allowed to stay even for example.
" excerpts:
////////////////////
Author: KOBEHQ
Date: 04-28-03 21:46

kill all the little cockroaches.

Damn people drag these third world whores in from all over the world, breed them, then when they can't pay for thier kid because they can't or won't get a job they piss and moan and blame America."

FUCK THE IGNORANT TROLLS THAT SAY THEIR DRIVEL IS SOMETHING AKIN TO CONSTRUCTIVE DIALOGUE, THEN PUSH OUR BUTTONS BY SAYING THAT RESTRICTING THEIR HATE FILLED SPEECH IS CENSORSHIP.

Myself, I am sick and tired of being exposed to all of the hate speech. All it does is disrupt the constructive intelligent dialogue that this site was meant to be for, letting all those ignorant trolls spread their hate, but far more important, they are essentially censoring us!!! Not only that but they are filling us with anger and hatred.

Had I not spent the time ranting about all those little minded trolls, I would not be angry now, but instead thinking about positive constructive dialogue to contribute!

STOP THE HATE; STOP THE PLANNED DISRUPTION OF THIS SITE.

Hate mail section 30.Apr.2003 10:53

sonking

What about edirecting the shitty article elsewhere, like to a hate mail bin. That way if people with brains want a good laugh at the trolls who are less fortunate then us, the can click on a link that would take them to a catalogue of hateful messages. That way we don't have to delete them, or waste our time replying to their antagonistic messages.

keep voicing your opinion 30.Apr.2003 11:42

pdxtech

> I think you are all afraid that people will post intelligent postings that oppose yours

I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for that one. The new site will be launched in a couple of days. I tappears the majority of readers are calling for more matieral to be moved to the compost bin. Hopefully the volunteers will take this to heart. And we'll see where we go from there.