newswire article portland metro

actions & protests | imperialism & war

PPRC theme Fri 5pm Apr11th : Costs of US "Patriotism" / US War On The Poor

Fully permitted / family friendly rally Pioneer Square 5pm as always. Depart Pioneer Square 5:20pm sharp marching to Peace Encampment at Terry Schrunk Plaza, then proceeding to Portland Art Museum 6pm to mount REALLY RAUCOUS razzing protest of Gala opening at Museum. State Department presents "Americana" [equivalent to display of Third Reich "official" art]. Guests Of Honor include war mongering monsters US Sen Gordon Smith and Oregon Gov Kulongoski.
PPRC theme Fri 5pm Apr11th : Costs of US "Patriotism" / US War On The Poor
PPRC theme Fri 5pm Apr11th : Costs of US "Patriotism" / US War On The Poor

phone: phone: 503 287 3473

I'll show up 10.Apr.2003 17:50

tiredactivist

Even though I'm not in agreement with buying our first amendment rights (i.e. permits), I'll be there tomorrow to participate.

We need to dispell the myth that this war is "over," or that resistance to the endless War of Terror has been silenced.

Also, I hear there's going to be a pro-war rally at the square at the same time. Yeccch.

costsofpatriotism.jpg 10.Apr.2003 17:51

costsofpatriotism.jpg

costsofpatriotism.jpg
costsofpatriotism.jpg
costsofpatriotism.jpg

just curious... 10.Apr.2003 22:24

...

"Guests Of Honor include war mongering monsters US Sen Gordon Smith and Oregon Gov Kulongoski. "

I understand Smith voted for the war, but what did Kulongoski do to support the war?

reply to tired activist 10.Apr.2003 23:50

johannes notpayinfirfreespeech!

While I agree with your statement about not paying for our right to peacably assemble and to exercise our free speech I think you should be aware that the pprc has not PAID for a permit for quite a while. As far as I know the city is simply issueing permits for free in exchange for knowing when and where things are happening. Interesting precedent, no?

cool! 11.Apr.2003 10:59

mrLady

is that true about the free permits?!?! that's so rad! nice side effect of all the bad press the peacies have gotten.

no more imperialism 11.Apr.2003 15:08

agent smith

As long as the puppet dictator bush and his illegal buddies continue to keep the world in a stranglehold of fear, we need to do everything that our creative souls can to prevent the destruction of dignity on this planet. No, the war is not over and ever since 9-11 was cooked up as a ruse to convince the complacent herd animals in this country that war with the world was necesary, the tyrrant has made it clear that it will never end. War without end, wow, we really are in the novel 1984. Fear is the mindkiller.... I will not let the tactics of fear destroy my humanity. in solidarity... some freak, c-ya in the street today and tommorrow. interested in what kind of propaganda the art museum has in store for us. those highwaymen are charging outlandish prices for admittance btw. peace out lovers of earth check out www.copvcia.com