portland independent media center  
images audio video
newswire article portland metro

arts and culture

Reading Frenzy Owner, IPRC Board member Censors Pro-Peace flyer

Reading Frenzy owner, Chloe Eudaly and IPRC Board member censors Pro-Peace flyer. On Thursday, April 10th, 2003 at about 4:30pm, I placed about 10 "United Against War" flyers onto the free media table at Reading Frenzy then walked into the IPRC to place more of them in the IPRC. Reading Frenzzy owner followed me with flyers in hand and angrily gave the flyers back saying "I don't care for this flyer to be in my store."
Reading Frenzy Owner, IPRC Board member Censors Pro-Peace flyer
Reading Frenzy Owner, IPRC Board member Censors Pro-Peace flyer
Dear Pro-peace people, zine creators and IPRC members who support reform in the IPRC, be careful! When you struggle for equality for minorities, for the disabled and for the elderly, you will make enemies!

To see the full text of the actual flyer click this link:  http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/love2020/1UnitedAgainstWar.html

To see a very fuzzy picture of the actual flyer, see the below picture.

To see recent related story,

 http://portland.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=58066&group=webcast

To all pro-peace people please don't hate Chloe Eudaly, who assisted in founding and creation of the IPRC, for censoring the discrimination in the IPRC. Hate is counterproductive and the exact opposite of love, unity and peace. I love Reading Frenzy and all the independent press media it provides.

Only with love will there be equality!

True Love & Unity... ...for the people,

T.v.L.i.m.i.t. BNB

P.s.

i apologize if this is not in any foriegn language. If i were a non-profit business with enough money for four computers, four letterpresses and my second digital photocopier and my second scanner like the IPRC... ...and a brand new art gallery... ...I would find the moeny to pay for an interpreter. But i am an extremely limited income, disabled minority. I love you all!

homepage: homepage: http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/love2020/1UnitedAgainstWar.html
phone: phone: 503-768-5262

I'll take "Shakespeare" for 200 Please, Alex. 10.Apr.2003 17:51

Fluellen

"If the Enemie is an Asse and a Foole, and a prating Coxcombe; is it meet, thinke you, that wee should also, looke you, be an Asse and a Foole, and a prating Coxcombe?"
-- William Shakespere, The Life of Henry the Fift

mabey... 10.Apr.2003 18:16

dan

maybe if the flyer wasnt so fucking ugly.

Whining won't change anything. 10.Apr.2003 18:18

Molly Stanton

OK, TvLiMiT BNB, enough is enough.

Neither IPRC nor Reading Frenzy is a government agency nor is taxpayer funded. They are under no obligation to respect your so-called first amendment rights (which, by the way, if you have read any of the court cases at www.findlaw.com, WON'T apply to private entities such as IPRC and Reading Frenzy).

You call it a "pro-peace" poster and you style yourself as a pro-peace activist, but everything you've been doing go contrary to your slogans of love, unity, equality and peace.

While you whine because two private corporate entities refused to carry your flyers (for any reason or no reason at all, they're legally entitled to their decisions), the kind of IPRC you've been advocating is an IPRC that imposes an artificial and forced racial quota and censor everything that is "politically incorrect" (per your whims, as the token black/disabled member of the IPRC, yeah right, because you're the only public victim of the alleged oppression you'll get to run the IPRC once you get the power when the hell freezes.).

Your argument always lacks in substance, consistency and in reason.

Semper fidelis, for the Freedom generations of Americans fought hard to defend,

Molly Stanton.

American Patriotic Committee for the Salvation and Progress of the Fatherland, U

A nod is as good as a wink 10.Apr.2003 21:18

IPRC user

> i apologize if this is not in any foriegn language.

Should read "I apologize *that* this is not in any foreign language." When you apologize "if", that means that it may be in another language, and you're not sure.

> If i were a non-profit business with enough money
> for four computers,

All donated and which are the self-same computers at which T.V.Limit BNB sits for countless hours to post his ever-so-valuable and never ending critiques of the IPRC.

> four letterpresses

All donated.

> and my second digital photocopier

The IPRC has ONE digital photocopier. This is the photocopier which T.V.L.i.m.i.t. uses to print his fliers. It is a replacement for an older, donated, non-digital photocopier. The current photocopier was paid for with a grant.

>...and my second scanner like the IPRC...

Again, donated. And again, the IPRC has one, not two as this implies. It is a replacement for an older one which broke.

> ...and a brand new art gallery...

Let me see, how much did that cost? I think there was some spackle involved, some white paint, and nails. I donated the hammer and the level, which I stole from work. I'm thinking it was maybe under $10 to set up the gallery.

But I'm just spit-balling a figure there, what the heck do I know? Maybe it MISAPPROPRIATED THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FROM THE NEEDY!

Nah.

> ...I would find the moeny to pay for an interpreter.

Yeah, I bet if you ran a non-profit everything would just be hunky-dory.

Duh 10.Apr.2003 23:50

b

After reading the "full text" its pretty obvious why she removed the flyers. Of course, your statement above is trying to imply that she's pro-war. Doing that only makes you look bad.

IPRC Response 05.Jun.2003 14:52

IPRC

T.,

As stated in our mission, the Independent Publishing Resource Center (IPRC) facilitates creative expression and identity by providing individual access to the resources and tools for the creation of independently published media and art. While discrimination is an issue of primary significance, your accusations concerning the Independent Publishing Resource Center (IPRC) are misguided.

Information you have presented as facts are incorrect, and personal written attacks that are posted could be classified as libel should we chose to press charges. E-mailing IPRC Board Members' places of employment or representation creates legal grounds for pressing charges. The IPRC Board of Directors hereby requests that out of respect for individuals and our organization, and with the respect we believe we've given you, that you cease to post false accusations concerning the Independent Publishing Resource Center, and that you refrain from spreading misinformation as a direct attack on individuals.

For anyone interested in learning about the IPRC, our mission, workspace, library & outreach activities, feel free to visit our web site (www.iprc.org) or drop by our space (917 SW Oak #218, Portland). We sincerely welcome independent publishers and aspiring publishers of zines, chapbooks, journals, comics & small press books from all backgrounds and skill levels.

The IPRC Board of Directors
The IPRC Executive Director

 http://www.iprc.org