Belmont area residents took to the sidewalks today in order to protest the illegal terrorist acts being perpetrated by "Little Bush" against innocent civilians in Iraq. The support from passers by and motorists was overwhelmingly in support of the protest. The reaction from Portland Police Bureau was simply overwhelming!
My estimate based on photos (and I am not using some Oregonian counting method) would be that there were 50 or so protestors and up to 70 cops ... 20-30 on bikes, 10 or so on motorcycles, 20 in cruisers and at least 10 in robocop garb on the running boards.
Anyways, here are some pix so you can see for yourself. Looks like it will also be on Fox News At Ten, and they seem to be runing with the "waste of taxpayers' money" angle, but we shall see ...
Same time next week ... Thursday, 4pm, Belmont & 34th.
1. Portland's finest (sic) do their own critical mass
2. Neighbors show their colors
3. Nice and peaceful
4 & 5. Cops make an arrest for stepping of the sidewalk.
6. Belmont & 28th, lots of cops sitting around eating donuts
7. Yamhill & 20th, lots of cops sitting around not eating donuts
8. Solidarity with Bagdad
9. "No blood for oil" across the street from Jiffy Lube @ Hawthorne & 39th.