What to bring to a protest:
As a protester, there are a few things one can bring to an action to ensure safety and preparation. The following is a list of general items a protester should have on their person.
- A sign or poster.
- Poster board works well. For a more durable sign use plastic 'cardboard'.
- Attach the sign to a thin wooden dowel if you'd like. Use tape as the police may make you remove the dowel.
- Make the lettering large and easy to read from a distance.
- Bring an extra sign if you can. It's always great to share.
- Important Telephone Numbers (family, bail, lawyer)
- Drinking Water (always helpful for the voice and the heat)
- Money for phones, food, taxi, etc.
- Pad and Paper to exchange contact information.
- Map or familiarity of the area
- Rain jacket or umbrella
- Spare Clothes in sealed bag
- Cell Phone
- Snack food - nourishment (apples, candy bar)
- Sun glasses
- Friends, co-workers, relatives. Numbers make an impact.
Free Protest Posters
If you are thinking about going to a protest this weekend I've designed a large collection of signs for you to use. If you have the Flash 6 plug-in then you will be able to view and print any of 60+ protest posters on your home or office printer.Just use this link: Insta-Protest.
Please feel free to pass on this link.