newswire article portland metro

Portland Press begins itís condescend

Portland Press begins it's condescend
First it was a "violent" reaction to the media pawns and now it is "just a party" of young people who don't know the facts beyond "sound bites" . I don't know the name of the big-haired blonde reporter who was down on the scene but here bias is sadly obvious. I cannot believe the gall of these reporters.
ugh 20.Mar.2003 21:15

desdemophilia

No shit. Here name is Amy something or the other, and she's with the katu comedy network. I highly recommend going to their website and watching their stomach turning videos. My favorite was one of the following two comments:
1.) "They're blowing their horns and trying to keep us from talking."
2.) "THey're saying "corporate media, get out" it's very violent."
snicker. If I hear the word "crisis" or "chaos" one more time, I'm going to take a shit in the middle of a bank and really let them know what chaos is.

Positive aspect of it all... 20.Mar.2003 21:23

Vance

the best thing about it all is that KATU showed hours of us all and didn't get their commercial $$ while monitoring us...

leave her alone!!! 20.Mar.2003 21:35

commonsense

hey, leave Amy alone!! i found it to be so refreshing to see KATU-2 reporting from the scene of the rally with such a light-hearted gal. come on folks, the protest is just a bunch of common folks standing up for what's right and wrong. the people of the USA aren't agressors !!!!!!!!!!! . AMY ROCKS!!!

yeah they had bodyguards this time 20.Mar.2003 21:54

pissed

It seems they hired thugs to push people around this time... Now it's not only the cops we have to worry about..

KATU anchors were horrid 20.Mar.2003 22:07

armchair quarterback

KATU 2's anchors Steve and the inevitable blonde accompanyment displayed the worst that corporate "journalism" had to offer. Constantly remarking about too few arrests, endlessly pointing out violence and striking up the footage of the McDonalds window breakage again and again.

I do have to commend copter reporter Dan Christopher on his fair and unbiased reporting. He was the one breath of fresh air in the entire broadcast.

Please feel free to share your thoughts on the coverage with KATU at (503-)231-4222 or 1-800-777-KATU.

Fox 12, believe it or not, getting it right.. 20.Mar.2003 23:11

Mr Green Genes

I'm watching Fox 12 coverage right now (11:11PM), and the commentator lady giving the play-by-play (as the brute squad picks apart the group of sitters one by one) is explaining how the protestors' intent was to demonstrate their opposition to the war by not allowing Portland to go about its *business as usual*, and are (in her words) "commanding the attention of the city". It sounds to me like she's actually being quite respectful, and maybe even *understands* what we're up to... we can only hope...

way to go 21.Mar.2003 00:31

katukgwkoin

Nice work. You've not only alienated, but personally offended your best hope for getting your message out to greater portland.

FOX 12 22.Mar.2003 18:03

goongrunt

FOX 12 may have got it right at 11 PM, and I am happy they did, but in the three hours I watched during prime time they never mentioned the reasons. I wished they would have told both sides of the issue before everyone went to bed.