Lets examine the similarities. We will just refer to these to terms synonymously and use the symbol X#X to denote it.
* When X#Xing in public, it draws a lot of attention.
* X#Xing makes me feel really good, but doesn't do a damn thing for anybody
* I see a lot of people X#Xing too, so I don't feel dirty or ashamed.
* When I am X#Xing everyone is paying attention to me, and that
makes me feel important and gives me a sense of purpose and self-worth.
* I could spend my entire life X#Xing and it doesn't harm anybody,
nor has any effect on anything, its completely harmless.
* Most people who watch others X#Xing are repulsed and really turned off,
but that their problem, it makes me feel good, and that's all
that is really important in life is that I feel good, right?
* Politicals and those in power don't want to be seen or associate
with anyone who is X#Xing.
* X#Xing is a safety value, it is harmless release of emotions.
if I don't X#X every so often, I will just go crazy..
* If I X#X those chicks standing over there watching me,
might think I'm cool, and want to X#X with me.