Everyday, I wear all black. Not too many people have asked why and I never really thought about having any real reasons. The other day, somebody asked and I stammered out some reasons, of course they werent very well thought out and I knew I had to figure out why I do the things I do, at least for justification...and becasue it could become a regular question. After thinking about it for awhile I have come up with a list of personal reasons for wearing black everyday and I hope that these reasons help to persuade others to start wearing black regularly as well.
1. I am in mourning. Mourning for the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi children that have basically been murdered through US and UN sanctions. Mourning for the Afghan population that was decimated by the Bush regime. Mournings for...(anything that excites you to action.)
2. For political prisoners and all prisoners that are wrongly accused and jailed.
3. For solidarity in the Peace movement, as it is easy to recognize others that are sympatheitic to our cause if we wear an abundace of black. (This is actually the reason that stumbled from my lips when I was trying to explain to an East African.)
4. In rememberance and defiance of oppression of any sort, especially animal oppresion. (Of course, animal includes humans.) As a way to denounce factory farming and environmental devastation for cattle farming and otherwise.
5. (This is kind of a joke,) It is downright fashionable, all the hipsters are doing it.
Okay, there arent many reasons that I could think of personally, but wearing black on a regular basis and especially to political demonstrations is a positive way to make a statement and people will be more willing to ask you of your purpose thus affording you a chance to talk ideas and impress good things on people. So next time you are looking for something to wear remember that black is the way to go.