The Latin America Solidarity Coalition is calling for a massive mobilization to Washington, DC as part of an international day of action in April 2003 to demand:
- No to the Free Trade Area of the Americas agreement (FTAA) and all other exploitative schemes
- Close the School of the Americas/WHISC and end US military aid and training
- Close US military bases in Vieques and throughout Latin America
- Respect indigenous treaty, land and cultural rights
- End the Drug War's assault on people of color and the poor throughout the Americas
- No one is illegal - Stop the attacks against immigrants
The U.S. government is continuing its legacy of intervention in Latin America and the Caribbean by imposing pro-corporate, anti-people economic policies, by providing military aid and training to repressive governments and by attempting to crush any movements that support alternative models. We must work to stop these policies and stand in solidarity with our sisters and brothers throughout the Americas.
April 10-15, 2003 - Converge on Washington, DC
for a March and Rally, Lobbying, Trainings, Skill Shares, the Latin America Solidarity Conference III and more...
The Latin America Solidarity Coalition (LASC) is a coalition of national and local US grassroots groups working from a solidarity model with civil society, popular movements and progressive forces throughout Latin America and the Caribbean to oppose US military and economic intervention and to support the right to self-determination and autonomy for all peoples. For more information call (202) 234 3440 or visit www.lasolidarity.org
Download the April 2003 Fliers and Mobilize your Community:
Spanish version: . English version:
Spanish version: English version: