Ignore the Trolls
wondering why "Bush Admirer" and "Trilox" have suddenly been posting to this site 24-7 since the beginning of last week (coincidentally, right as the Congressional War Resolution was being shoved through?)
look no further . . .
Know Thy Spook (Indymedia webcast)
Run, spook, run
DISINFORMATION - here, courtesy of Mike Sweeney's web site that frankly, we can't hype enough: www.proparanoid.com a site we consider THE final word in resources for detecting disinformation artists and also for countersurveillance information and his great newsletter, are the Eight Traits of a Disinformationalist.
If you are a regular reader of some boards and groups you will no doubt, upon studying this, be able to start seeing when and where disinfo artists crop up. You'll also note a lot of boards/groups fill up with old news, rehashed news, CNN reruns, the kind of crap that basically pushes good stuff to the bottom of the board, or obliterates it entirely. That is their whole M.O., by the way, to get the good stuff out of sight. It works, too. Most people buy it lock, stock and barrel. We won't name names (for a change!) here but on some of the better well known boards, you can pretty much figure out who is there to just dump junk up on the board: blah blah kind of stuff they cop off of Fox News that frankly, you or I could get from Fox News, thank you, without them regurgitating it up on the chat group or message board. You know what and who we are referring to, most likely. The spy and counterspy site www.chymerick.com/orgs/spyvsspy/ also contains excellent material on detecting a mole or disinformation agent who has been put on a board or a discussion group in order to raise hell with it, scare off truth seekers and legitimate investigators, and discredit sincere Patriots and 'do gooders'. There's more of this going out there right now than you can shake a nightstick at. There's slew of people out there who want to distract you from what is really going on 'neath your nose.
We raise regularly eybrows for our shrugging off Enron as a 'dog and pony show' and giving similar scant attention to the Wag the Dog made for TV Afghanistan movie, but in our humble opinion, that's all it really is. The war's been pre-fab manufactured in order to effect the agenda they want to take place here at home. Tack on the Super Bowl, and you've got a captive audience placated and distracted so you can carry on about the business of turning our country into a police state, a 24/7 surveillance state, and rape what's left of our Constitution.
You wonder why we keep cramming tradecraft down your throat about how to detect if you are being watched, followed, monitored or under orchestrated surveillance? It's because we are trying to throw you a life preserver, stupid; the tools to use to save yourself. Time will tell how many people wise up to it. Big Brother and his NWO toadies count on you staying dumb. We think you can do better. Don't fail us....
1) Avoidance. They never actually discuss issues head-on or provide constructive input, generally avoiding citation of references or credentials. Rather, they merely imply this, that, and the other. Virtually everything about their presentation implies their authority and expert knowledge in the matter without any further justification for credibility.
2) Selectivity. They tend to pick and choose opponents carefully, either applying the hit-and-run approach against mere commentators supportive of opponents, or focusing heavier attacks on key opponents who are known to directly address issues. Should a commentator become argumentative with any success, the focus will shift to include the commentator as well.
3) Coincidental. They tend to surface suddenly and somewhat coincidentally with a new controversial topic with no clear prior record of participation in general discussions in the particular public arena involved. They likewise tend to vanish once the topic is no longer of general concern. They were likely directed or elected to be there for a reason, and vanish with the reason.
4) Teamwork. They tend to operate in self-congratulatory and complementary packs or teams. Of course, this can happen naturally in any public forum, but there will likely be an ongoing pattern of frequent exchanges of this sort where professionals are involved. Sometimes one of the players will infiltrate the opponent camp to become a source for straw man or other tactics designed to dilute opponent presentation strength.
5) Anti-conspiratorial. They almost always have disdain for 'conspiracy theorists' and, usually, for those who in any way believe JFK was not killed by LHO. Ask yourself why, if they hold such disdain for conspiracy theorists, do they focus on defending a single topic discussed in a NG focusing on conspiracies? One might think they would either be trying to make fools of everyone on every topic, or simply ignore the group they hold in such disdain. Or, one might more rightly conclude they have an ulterior motive for their actions in going out of their way to focus as they do.
6) Artificial Emotions. An odd kind of 'artificial' emotionalism and an unusually thick skin -- an ability to persevere and persist even in the face of overwhelming criticism and unacceptance. This likely stems from intelligence community training that, no matter how condemning the evidence, deny everything, and never become emotionally involved or reactive. The net result for a disinfo artist is that emotions can seem artificial. Most people, if responding in anger, for instance, will express their animosity throughout their rebuttal. But disinfo types usually have trouble maintaining the 'image' and are hot and cold with respect to pretended emotions and their usually more calm or unemotional communications style. It's just a job, and they often seem unable to 'act their role in character' as well in a communications medium as they might be able in a real face-to-face conversation/confrontation. You might have outright rage and indignation one moment, ho-hum the next, and more anger later -- an emotional yo-yo. With respect to being thick-skinned, no amount of criticism will deter them from doing their job, and they will generally continue their old disinfo patterns without any adjustments to criticisms of how obvious it is that they play that game -- where a more rational individual who truly cares what others think might seek to improve their communications style, substance, and so forth, or simply give up.
7) Inconsistent. There is also a tendency to make mistakes which betray their true self/motives. This may stem from not really knowing their topic, or it may be somewhat 'freudian', so to speak, in that perhaps they really root for the side of truth deep within. I have noted that often, they will simply cite contradictory information which neutralizes itself and the author. For instance, one such player claimed to be a Navy pilot, but blamed his poor communicating skills (spelling, grammar, incoherent style) on having only a grade-school education. I'm not aware of too many Navy pilots who don't have a college degree. Another claimed no knowledge of a particular topic/situation but later claimed first-hand knowledge of it.
8) BONUS TRAIT: Time Constant. Recently discovered, with respect to News Groups, is the response time factor. There are three ways this can be seen to work, especially when the government or other empowered player is involved in a cover up operation: 1) ANY NG posting by a targeted proponent for truth can result in an IMMEDIATE response. The government and other empowered players can afford to pay people to sit there and watch for an opportunity to do some damage. SINCE DISINFO IN A NG ONLY WORKS IF THE READER SEES IT - FAST RESPONSE IS CALLED FOR, or the visitor may be swayed towards truth. 2) When dealing in more direct ways with a disinformationalist, such as email, DELAY IS CALLED FOR - there will usually be a minimum of a 48-72 hour delay. This allows a sit-down team discussion on response strategy for best effect, and even enough time to 'get permission' or instruction from a formal chain of command. 3) In the NG example 1) above, it will often ALSO be seen that bigger guns are drawn and fired after the same 48-72 hours delay - the team approach in play. This is especially true when the targeted truth seeker or their comments are considered more important with respect to potential to reveal truth. Thus, a serious truth sayer will be attacked twice for the same sin.
add a comment on this article
add a comment on this article