If you were going to sit down with Mike Garvey of the Portland Police Traffic Division to talk about police enforcement, what things would you talk about? I'll be meeting with him this week (if schedules work out) and have been thinking to myself that I would ask him about:
- pepper-spraying of innocent bystanders
- forcing the movement of crowds with unrealistic expectations
- using force when not provoked and it is not necessary for crowd control
- police driving motorcycles or cars the wrong way / driving into crowds / blocking streets, supposedly to promote "safety" and "traffic flow"
- police attempting to break up the September ride: "you have been riding long enough"
What would you add to this? I understand he has met with and will be meeting with others in the CM / activist community, he seems to be earnest about coming to an understanding with the activist community although this could just be PR.