newswire article

a22: bush protest

Finding romance at the protest

First I wanted to appologize for writing about love, but then I relized that this forum is about love, unity, and the persuit of like ideas and intellects.
If anyone can help me find this person (Melissa) I would be greatly appreciative.
On August 22nd when I went to the Shrub protest, The obvious reason I was there was to protest the unpartriotic views of shrub and his cohorts. The protest was extremely exciting and throughout the day I felt that the 4000+ people and myself finally were united under one voice. I can't explain the feeling of unity and love as I felt that day, and still feel to this day. One thing I didn't expect to find that day was Love, however about an hour into the protest 4:00 or so the unexpected happened. I want to start by appologizeing for writing about Love in this time of crisis, but then I relized that love is what it is all about. I met this wonderful girl named Melissa. She was with a friend named Miranda. For some odd reason I felt an electric charge between Melissa and myself, and as the day went on it was almost scary how many things we had in common. We were on the front line most of the day, and she had long dark hair which was tied in a pony tail. She was wearing blue pants, and a gray shirt with blue sleeves like the type worn under a baseball uniform. I had a Mariners hat on (backwards) and green shorts. The reason I am writing this is because I am kinda at my last hope. With all the commotion that was going on (pepper spray, beatings, rubber bullets), I forgot to get her phone number. So this is a call out to anyone who may know of her or hopefully she may read this. If anyone has a suggestion on how to find this girl feel free to email me or respond. Otherwise, I suppose it is all up to fate and perhaps someday I will find her at another protest.

Peace, Love, Happiness always

Chris
Do we have to hear this? 30.Aug.2002 06:29

Lou Reed

Isn't that cute. Leave your love life off these pages.
Try a melon or an electrical outlet.

You recognize sparky that most who participated in this action were not there to meet babes or guys, (as the case may be).

LET LOVE RULE 30.Aug.2002 06:51

HOTSTEPPA

Wisdom is found in the simpilist of places and in the nick of time. Love is the only solution if you dont think dis yuh fooling yo self

First Amendment 30.Aug.2002 06:52

Chris blazers1975@yahoo.com

The great thing about this country...and the great thing about protesting Lou is that we all have First Amendment rights...Ever hear of them?? If you feel that you don't want to read this comment then you have the choice not too.

Isn't that great!!

Love is all there is... 30.Aug.2002 07:52

Lucy in the sky

We were talking - about the space between us all And the people - who hide themselves behind a wall of illusion

Never glimpse the truth - then it's far too late - when they pass away.

We were talking - about the love we all could share - when we find it

To try our best to hold it there - with our love With our love - we could save the world - if they only knew.

Try to realise it's all within yourself no-one else can make you change

And to see you're really only very small, and life flows on within you and without you.

We were talking - about the love that's gone so cold and the people, Who gain the world and lose their soul - they don't know - they can't see - are you one of them?

When you've seen beyond yourself - then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there -

And the time will come when you see we're all one, and life flows on within you and without you.

- George Harrison, 1967

Awesome 30.Aug.2002 07:53

me

This is awesome, and I think you're awesome for posting it, Chris.

If I may point out tho from a girl's point of view, it could potentially be scary to have a type of APB put out for her. I think it might maybe feel better to her if she initially felt she could do the one choosing?

But let me emphasize that you have just done your own very brave and beautiful thing and I think you've touched many people this way.

What a great story.

R

Lou needs to get laid. 30.Aug.2002 11:33

Dr. Love

Hey Lou,

It nice to someone had sweaty hands and a racing heart for reasons other than pepper spray,rubber bullets and storm troopers.

Good luck Chris, oh, and if you find her PLEASE POST IT AS A COMMENT!! I want to hear about it!!!

Lou, go find some love, get a puppy or something.

Lucky at Love 30.Aug.2002 12:03

Sophia

Hey Chris,

I met my BF in an unconventional way as well, as we talked, we discovered that we had alot in common....although neither one of us were looking for a relationship, we realized that we could not deny what was in our destiny. 2-1/2 years later and we are still hanging around together.

I hope you hook up with this young woman, let us know how it goes.

idea for indymedia 30.Aug.2002 12:17

luvinheart

maybe indymedia needs an "i saw u at the protest" classifieds page.

Hey, Lou Reed 30.Aug.2002 13:20

John Cale

Lighten up Lou. A little break from the hysterical diatribes can't hurt. PS: You have not done anything good since the VU days.

Peace, love, understanding 30.Aug.2002 15:03

Jack Straw

I tend to be very hard core about politics. But i think you're all wet, Lou. Our presence at demonstrations and similar events is about more than asserting our politics. It is about creating community. And what's more in the nature of human community than people meeting one another and starting relationships? I wish i had better luck, hard given i tend to be older than most people at such events. But the hell with this supposed hard line,which is simply a denial of our humanness. Good luck,Chris.

love happens... 30.Aug.2002 16:34

love child

if ya'll are meant to connect, it'll happen...

a bit descriptive 04.Sep.2002 11:34

watch out for cops

I dont think I'd like anyone describing me down to those details for everyone on the web, the love thing is fine, but names and descriptions like that do not belong on such an overtly political website. Yes the person chose to be there and was more than likely videotaped by pigs, but why give them more to recognize you all by?