GREG PALAST TO SPEAK IN PORTLAND ON JUNE 18 AT FIRST UNITARIAN CHURCH
An investigative reporter exposes the truth about globalization, corporate cons, and high finance fraudsters...
An evening with Greg Palast
Investigative Journalist and Author of The Best Democracy Money Can Buy
First Unitarian Church
SW 12th & Main St., Portland
$5 to $10 Donation Suggested
No one will be turned away
Award-winning investigative journalist Greg Palast has broken some of the biggest stories of the decade...
* What really happened during the unsuccessful coup against Venezuelaıs Hugo Chavez.
* How Enron cut its teeth on other countries, including Britain, India and several South American nations, before moving on to U.S. domestic territory.
* How Governor Jeb Bush authorized the illegal removal of tens of thousands of registered African American citizens from the voter rolls prior to the 2000 election.
* What the World Bank and International Monetary Fund did to trigger the crisis in Argentina and how they profited from that nationıs plight.
* How the Bush Administration killed investigations of Saudi Arabian
funding of terrorist networks prior to September 11.
Donıt miss what promises to be a fascinating evening with one of the worldıs most respected journalists.
"...(Palast) distinguishes himself from many other advocacy journalists both left and right with his near obsession with documentary evidence...and his painstaking research methods." - Eric Zorn, Chicago Tribune
Sponsored by The Portland Alliance, KBOO, The Rearguard, Portland Peaceful Response Coalition and Oregon Wildlife Federation
Palast will also appear at Powell's Bookstore at 3:30 on the 18th.