Earth Day 2002 Celebration is a coalition of organizations and community members celebrating and activating environmental and social sustainability in the Portland, Oregon metro area. We encourage community service projects, citizen participation, emphasis on local economy and the restoration of a culture of cooperation.
8am-1pm Environmental PROJECTS
- build community gardens in North Portland
- clean up the Clackamas River
- restore a park in Gresham with school students
- ...and more!
10am-6pm Earth Day Village FESTIVAL
- live music, featuring the Lions of Batucada!
- green vendors, farmers market, barter fair
- Kids' Arts & Crafts, Better Transportation Fair
- ...and much more!
6pm-9pm Community DANCE
...with the Dancing Trees Marimba Band!
This grassroots celebration of where we live is coordinated by over 40 community volunteers, sponsored by local donors, and organized by:
The City Repair Project,
Southeast Uplift Neighborhood Coalition,
Northwest Service Academy,
Environmental Middle School, and
Friends of Trees.